Jordan Country Clipart, Homes For Sale In Carroll County, Md, Tresemme 24 Hour Body Mousse, Elaeagnus Umbellata Edible, Devilbiss Paint Gun Parts, How Fast Does Sweet Olive Grow, " />

moist fruit cake recipe easy

To cut the sweetness and add amazing flavor, we’ll soak the dried fruit mixture in dark rum the day before baking.  Try this cake everyone! Thank you so much for this recipe, it’s a wonderful treat for the holidays! Hey Laura, thanks for sharing this recipe. Hope this helps!Â, I have two loaves in the oven at this moment. Looking forward to your mom’s advice on marzipan and icing. It does not matter that I use a bread knife or any other kind.I followed the recipe all the way. I always use American large eggs for recipe development on my site if that helps clarify anything in the future!!! Easiest Fruit Cake is a community recipe submitted by dextersmummy and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe. I only have cotton, linen towels are very difficult to find here. I want to limit the fruits, perhaps pear apricot ginger hazelnut with Poire Willams, cherry blueberry dark chocolate walnut with cherry liqueur for example. Any idea on cooking time and temperature if I did that? Filed Under: Baking Recipes, Recipes Tagged With: Brandy, Butter, Cakes, Fruits. I had my last batch stick around for 4+ months. It is best to use dark rum or brandy for this recipe. Combine mixed fruits, butter, sugar, honey, orange juice and baking soda in a large saucepan. I have never tried doing that and most of the alcohol will cook out during the baking. I despise those fruit cakes too! Can dark rum substitute with non alcohol liquid? It sure did with me for 59 years. No part of the content (digital photographs, recipes, articles, etc.) Following! This fruit cake recipe has been passed onto me from my mom. Please know that baking times and results will vary. Required fields are marked *. It’s the first time I’ve wavered from the Craig Claiborne  NYT recipe from about 1976. Looks good, tastes wonderful, but I have a problem: the cake crumbles when you cut it. Thanks for the question. Please do come back and let me know what you think of the cake if you make it! The mixture will look slightly broken, that’s ok. Over low speed, slowly add the flour mixture until just absorbed. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/christmas-special-fruitcake On that note, my GUESS is that it would make four loaves of that size. It reduces clean-up and common user errors, such as over measuring flour. With 5 eggs it will make a huge difference! Hi Laura, 6 ounces is 6 liquid ounces. Perfect! I also through in a little nip sized Southern Comfort 80 to boost the cherry note. O..M…G… I just took them out. If it smells like triple sec and is a similar alcohol content, I would say sure? I have not tested this variation though! But yours looks amazing! An easy Christmas cake that turns out perfect every time. also, i can’t really taste the difference between the dried cherries and the raisins– but i think it is probably because i used brandy, a grape product, instead of rum. Just one question… Feel free to ask other questions if you have them. They even couldn’t believe that i made it by myself. Fantastic blog and absolutely stunning pictures! It tastes fantastic on its own or with a smear of salted butter! Thanks so much! If the dried fruit was chopped in the way the recipe states and the amounts/ingredients were measured properly, I can assure you that this cake is anything but dry. I see, Joanna, that I’m not the only one thinking about the holidays already! Perfect for keeping one to yourself and another for gifting (or saving for later, your personal choice!). Hi — looking for a fruitcake to make as part of this year’s holiday gift baskets. This is heaven.Â, Threw not through.  Thank you so much! It just the way you do. Pour the brandy or rum into the chopped mixed fruits and nuts. or this site may be reproduced without prior written permission. I’ve already made two loaves and I have the fruit soaking for two more!  It is way too delicious – I sent him off with something else and kept the cake here at home. The fruit cake batter is transferred and divided between two loaf pans and baked in a loaf tin at a low temperature for nearly an hour and a half.

Jordan Country Clipart, Homes For Sale In Carroll County, Md, Tresemme 24 Hour Body Mousse, Elaeagnus Umbellata Edible, Devilbiss Paint Gun Parts, How Fast Does Sweet Olive Grow,

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *